This orientation will cover many topics, including: how to use Accelerate’s website sign up system, volunteer expectations, how to sign in and out of the school building, bullying, mandated reporting, and more. Once you’ve completed the Orientation, please let us know what you thought by filling out and submitting the form at the bottom of the page.
Thank you for volunteering, and welcome to the Volunteer Orientation!
Before volunteering, you must watch the videos on Volunteer Expectations and Mandated Reporting and Bullying.
The orientation has three sections:
- Section 1: What you need to know before you start tutoring, including:
- Section 2: Navigating the building. Arriving, finding your classroom, and leaving.
- How to enter each of the elementary school buildings.
- Once you enter the building, you will need to sign in as a volunteer in the front office. We have an electronic sign in system that uses iPads (located in the front office). You will also need to sign out of the building using the iPad at the end of your volunteer session. Below are instruction videos that will show you how to sign in and out using the iPad.
- How to enter the classroom.
- Section 3 : Tutoring 101
Tell us what you thought of the Orientation!