From Fellow Tutors:
From Northfield Teachers:
- Literacy Tutor Training by Becky Gainey
- A Volunteer’s Bag of Tricks for Working with Small Groups by Tania Will
- Classroom Volunteer Expectations by Tania Will
- Motivating and Managing Students by Jen Winterfeldt
- Introduction to Response to Intervention(RtI) Tutoring by Diane Torbenson
- Reading Comprehension Strategies
- Reading Accuracy Strategies
- Reading Fluency Strategies
- Reading Vocabulary Strategies
From Northfield Reads and Counts:
- Tips for Reading with Children
- Language Knowledge
- Keys to Reading Comprehension
- Grade-Level Reading Expections
- Communicating with Children
- Listening, Questioning, Correcting Strategies
- Reading Strategies from Bank Street College of Education
From the Corporation for National Community Service:
- Working with Children at Different Stages of Development. What to expect in behavior from certain age groups of students and some suggestions on how to handle these behaviors.
- Tips for Motivating Struggling Students
- Ready-to-Use Tutoring Activities
- Putting Research to Use by Amy Blake. Some research findings and activity ideas.
- Tutor Mentor Connection. A website that functions as a network of research, resources, and advice for individuals who tutor and mentor students.
- Corporation for National Service Knowledge Networks. A series of websites about various topics, including tutoring, that have lots of great information and links to other good resources.
- Minnesota Literacy Council. This organization has some great resources ranging from lesson plans and activities to try for small groups to one-on-one strategies.