Hello Tutors, Teachers and Supporters,
I hope everyone is doing well. The first few weeks of school are fun and exciting, yet stressful and tiring. So, make sure to take care of yourself NOWbecause it’s a long way to December break.
Here are a few updates from the world of Accelerate Northfield:
* NUMBER OF TUTORS: As of this morning, we have about 70 tutors. That’s a good start, but we always can use more folks. If you know people who may be interested in tutoring, you can have them contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.acceleratenorthfield.org for more information about what we do.
* NUMBER OF TUTORING OPPORTUNITIES: Again, as of this morning, we have more than 140 tutoring opportunities available. Teachers, please add more opportunities to our list because our tutors want to be busy!
* COMPUTER ISSUES: As you may recall, we had a security issue with our website at the beginning of the school year. That has been fixed, so using the site is much easier. Thanks for your patience!
* FACEBOOK: Do you know we have a Facebook page? It’s kinda new, so we need more folks to take a look. I post information about Accelerate, as well as weather and schedule information there. Please “like” our page!
* NEED TO MISS A TUTORING SESSION? Tutors, if you need to miss a day because of illness or another last-minute emergency, make sure to contact your teacher ASAP! The best way to do that is with a quick email.
* OCTOBER SCHEDULE: The Northfield district has a couple days off planned in October. They include:
— Thursday, Oct. 19, and Friday, Oct. 20
Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns. You can email me at email@example.com.
Thanks for all that you do,