Watch this video to learn more about ACCELERATE NORTHFIELD, which is part of the NORTHFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOLS.
ACCELERATE recruits volunteer reading and math tutors for Northfield’s three public elementary schools, as well as Northfield Middle School and Arcadia Charter School.
ACCELERATE NORTHFIELD seeks members of the Northfield community to become volunteer reading and math tutors in NORTHFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOLS.
Becoming a tutor is as easy as 1, 2, 3 (and 4, in this case). Or, in other words, a snap.
Here is what is involved:
- Fill out the VOLUNTEER QUESTIONNAIRE, which asks for your name and email address. That is available HERE.
- Complete the ONLINE CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, which is administered free of charge by Northfield Schools. You either will be emailed a link to the site or click HERE to go directly there.
- Complete the VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION. We encourage first-time tutors to browse our online resources. Click HERE to view that page.
- Sign up for a TUTORING OPPORTUNITY. We will provide you with what you need to know to accomplish this task. Click HERE for instructions.
Read more about the registration process in SUPPORTING SUPERHEROES IN NORTHFIELD SCHOOLS IS A SNAP.
If you are searching for tutor training information, Click read VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION: LEARN TO SUPPORT SUPERHEROES.
* Are you curious about whether being a math or reader tutor is your cup of tea? Read IS TUTORING IN NORTHFIELD SCHOOLS RIGHT FOR YOU?