NORTHFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOLS provide opportunities for community members who are interested in supporting the academic endeavors of our students.
There are a number of programs who currently are seeking volunteers in the school district:
- CLASSROOM TUTORING: Group and one-on-one tutoring opportunities are available at all of our schools: Bridgewater Elementary, Greenvale Park Elementary, Spring Creek Elementary, Northfield Middle School and Northfield High School.
- ONLINE TUTORING: Northfield’s virtual school, Portage Online.
- GREENVALE PARK COMMUNITY SCHOOL provides free, out-of-school time programming for students and families. CLICK HERE for more information.
- PLUS: PLUS offers afterschool and summer academic programs at the three elementary schools and Northfield Middle School.
- TORCH is a collaboration among members of the school district and community partners to address the issues of the achievement gap. Originally TORCH served Latino students, but because of our success, our programs are now available to all traditionally under-served students, including first-generation college students and low-income youth. CLICK HERE for more information.
Anyone interesting in helping any of these programs can fill out ACCELERATE’s online questionnaire by CLICKING HERE. Following a background check (which includes providing proof of COVID vaccination) with the school district, volunteers will be directed to the programs of their choice.
For more information, contact Volunteer Coordinator Michael Garlitz at email@example.com.